Carbon Fast For Lent

I am hoping to inspire others to move past giving up chocolate or camel rides for Lent, and to ascend toward something more useful - giving up carbon. We are truly addicted, as the following posts will prove. All content is subject to copyright - Leslie Holly, 2009

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY, United States

Trying to do my part to voice ideas and solutions to problems we can all solve if we try

Friday, March 18, 2011

Japan's Earthquake and Nuclear Disaster

I'm sure I'll write a fair amount about this catastrophe in the coming days, but right now I'd like to post the links I've been using to monitor the situation.

Seismic activity

US Radiation Levels

I still haven't found a map for world nuclear radiation monitoring. And if Japan had one, it's been taken down.

A slightly more accurate news feed

I have many thoughts regarding this. The main one I wish to stress right now is that you find your own information. Don't trust the media or the government. Compiling all of their information, as well as finding your own data and scrutinizing the available footage, will you come close to the truth.

When nuclear goes bad, it goes BAD. However, it's with us now and always will be - just from the spent fuel rods perspective. So we might as well continue to find ways to use that spent fuel as well as making nuclear safer and more efficient. It's the only way we can get out of this type mess.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous green investing said...

On the one hand, one could say that n uclear is ideal from the emissions perspective. But when something happens, it is horrendous!

December 16, 2011 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home